Isle of the Kakapo is today announcing the release of Train Layouts 1.7 for iPad. The app provides access to a rich collection featuring hundreds of model train layouts created by a community of model railroad hobbyists and is driven by the Community Layouts feature in Isle of the Kakapo’s RailModeller Pro track planning app for macOS. Train Layouts 1.7 for iPad adds compatibility with the latest iPadOS 15 and improves Dark Mode support.
The constantly growing collection of model railway layouts is a great source of inspiration for building ones own railway empire – or to simply enjoy what others have built and browse the layouts by model scale, popularity, author, upload date or other criteria. Train Layouts 1.7 for iPad enables users to:
* Browse and download model train track plans: Download beautiful layouts in all common scales and sizes – from small table top plans to huge, modular club layouts – on the iPad.
* Create shopping lists for layouts: View a shopping list and export it as text to the clipboard for further processing or printing in other apps
* Favor great track plans: ‘Like’ layouts that are particularly nice to help other hobbyists discovering great layouts as they show up in the category of popular layouts (per community vote).
* Get in touch: Train Layouts makes it easy to get in touch with fellow model railroaders to ask questions, comment on layouts or just talk about this great hobby by optionally enabling users to provide contact details – while at the same time protecting user privacy and letting the user decide who can see personal contact information.
* Open local RailModeller Pro layouts: RailModeller Pro layouts created on the Mac can be opened e.g. from iCloud Drive using the plus button in the catalog and displayed on the iPad, filtered by layer, rendered with various track element styles just as any layout downloaded from the cloud.