Steve Jobs (Steven Paul Jobs) was is one of the most respected entrepreneurs and inventors of his time. In 1976 he founded Apple together with his friend Steve Wozniak. Together the duo gained fame and wealth with Apple II, one of the first successful mass-produced personal computers.
Steve Jobs also innovated the graphical user interface (GUI) concept in computers and phones. Years later Jobs was diagnosed with a pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor in 2003. He died at age 56 on October 5, 2011. Jobs was not only a innovator, he was also a great thinker, leaving many great quotes to reflect upon.
Here are the top 10 best Steve Job inspirational quotes of all time.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
- Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
- Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
- Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
- Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.
- My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.
- Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.
- Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.