NordVPN, leading VPN service provider, aims to bring VPN benefits to everyday internet users. NordVPN’s team has been on a mission to create the ultimate user experience for its apps, rethinking all the basics that can make unparallel VPN experience.
New design and usability tweaks of the iOS and macOS apps are designed to make the interface sleek and intuitive. The updates simplify the way to navigate to the desired country’s server and to find all the features, making NordVPN easy-to-use even for those who have never tried a VPN before.
The refreshed view and navigation might remind of a deck of cards – the app is organized this way to make it more thumb-friendly and easy to find all the features and options.
“NordVPN has grown over 3 times in the past year, which puts our service among top 3 VPN providers in the world,” said Marty P. Kamden, CMO of NordVPN. “From the get-go, we had a dream to create a one-click app, which anyone could use without any VPN training. It’s amazing to see everyday Internet users becoming proactive about their online security and privacy – and choosing NordVPN for that.”
The iOS app now offers a simple swipe-up for browsing servers, country servers in detail and much more. A one-tap connect option and a unique algorithm for choosing the fastest server automatically makes the experience as hassle-free as possible. To use the apps, users need to enter their log-in details (the first time only) and press the Quick Connect button.
Updates for iOS:
● Swipe-up to browse servers: Swiping up in the main map screen allows to get one-tap access to servers by country, specialty servers, search and favorites’ list.
● Country servers in detail: One tap on a country pin in the map will open the Country card, which will allow to quick-connect to the best-recommended server in that location and see the full server list.
Updates for Mac:
● New sidebar: Only one click to access the country list, specialty servers and favorites’ list. They will always be on the left-side of the map view.
● New search: The search field now sticks on the title bar (at the top of the window), and the search results are displayed in a drop-down list immediately as one types.
Updates for Mac and iOS:
● New toolbar: more compact and matching the native Mac and iOS look.
● New app icon: brand new app icons to match the sleekness of the apps.
It takes only a single click or tap to go truly private online – Quick Connect, is a feature that connects to the best server for the user.
Other features include military-grade encryption (powered by the IKEv2/IPSec protocol), access to the NordVPN service on up to 6 devices with 1 account and a choice of over 4,500 servers worldwide. 24/7 customer support is accessible from the app.
The Kill Switch feature enables the app to disconnect from the internet in case the VPN connection drops. This way, no sensitive data will be exposed – not even for a brief moment.
In short, the NordVPN apps for macOS and iOS provide a simple and intuitive tool for online security and privacy that is accessible and easy to use.
A VPN service encrypts all the traffic flow between the Internet and a user’s device. Further, it prevents third parties from monitoring one’s Internet activity and helps hide the IP address. An additional benefit is accessing all geographically blocked internet content (i.e. access to Facebook when traveling to Vietnam).