The world of the internet has provided its users with access to millions of photos completely free of cost. The photos are of several types, and therefore can be used for multiple purposes as well. However, this does pose a challenge for anyone whose planning on using a photo without mentioning sources or giving credits to the photographer. It can constitute a breach of copyright and the person sharing the picture might end up suffering consequences.
So, how does someone find sources to a picture that they find online? Fortunately, there are reverse image search engines provided by several tools that will help you deal with the problem.
Using a reverse image search engine provides users with numerous benefits. Apart from the protection of Copyright infringement, the user can make much more from it. It can help you locate the sources of the pictures; you can also use the tool to find better quality, resolution versions of the searched image. It can also be used to search for related images on the internet.
The next question that might pop up in your head is that you do you make a Reverse image search if you already have an image saved on your iPhone? Well, you are in the right place as the article will educate you with some of the best tools available out there along with how you can use them.
Pre Post SEO
The Prepostseo endows its user with 95+ tools. These tools vary from a plagiarism checker to a reverse image search engine. All of these can be effortlessly used by writers, bloggers, etc. Its Reverse image search engine is a particularly interesting one.
It is because the tool is not developed for web use, it can also be accessed by your mobile especially if you have an iPhone. There aren’t many sites out there offering the engine for iPhone, however, The Prepostseo provides just the perfect tool for its users.
The reverse image search engine provides a lot of versatility to its users. The image can be uploaded in.GIF, PNG, JPEG, and .jpg extensions. If you an image online and you want to know more about it you can simply copy its URL and paste it into the engine. The user can search for 1 image each inquiry.
Using the Prepostseo is extremely uncomplicated and it only requires some simple steps to be followed to successfully operate it. They are mentioned below:
- Open ‘’Safari’’ Browser on your iPhone
- For the purpose, the user would need the desktop version of the browser, so you need to click on the tap ‘’Share’ icon.
- After clicking the ‘’Share’’ icon, a menu will appear and press on the arrow icon that is pointing in the upwards direction.
- If you are using the Google Chrome browser, then you need to press the ‘’ more’’ icon, the option would be displayed at the bottom right side of your mobile screen.
- A Dropdown Menu will appear, slide down and press on ‘’request desktop site’’ selection and click on it · Open the https://www.prepostseo.com/reverse-image-search on your browser once it’s in the desktop version.
- Once the site opens, press the ‘’upload photo’’ button and select the image from your drive.
- You can also search using the URL of the image if you have it
- There is also a choice to search by keywords.
Once all the information is successfully inserted you can search.
Google Chrome offers a very efficient tool for reverse image search. You can use it to find the sources, better resolutions, and other stuff related to the searched picture. Apart from allowing its user to search a photo from their gallery, it also provides search through a URL.
If you happen to find an image online and you want to gather more information about it there is another way. All you have to do is simply hold the picture and it will present a drop-down menu. You need to select the ‘’Search Google for image’’ choice from it and this will automatically direct you to the sources through this option iOS particularly available if you access the web on the Google Chrome app.
However, if you have an image saved then you can use the following steps to successfully make a reverse image search on the iPhone:
- Open Safari browser on your iPhone
- Use the link images.google.com
- Click on the ‘’Share’’ button that is displayed at the bottom of the window.
- Scroll left until you see the options present at the right side
- Click on ‘’Request Desktop Site’’
- Once the window loads click on the Camera icon next to search Bar
- Clicking on the ‘’Upload image’’ option will allow you to select the image from your drive
If you are using the Google Chrome app then you can image search on iPhone in the following way:
- Open the Google Chrome app
- Search images.google.com on your iPhone
- Once it opens, click on the three dots displayed at the top right corner
- From the Drop-Down Menu Select ‘’Request Desktop site’’
- Click on the Camera icon next to the search bar
- You can now Upload image or post the URL in the engine to perform a reverse image search
3rd Party Applications
The third way of making a reverse image search on an iPhone is by using 3rd party applications. There are several applications available in the appstore.
Reversee is an application that is available on the App Store without any charges. It can be used for reverse image searches on the iPhone. It also provides an extension for Safari Browser if you need it frequently.
You can use the extension to search for images displayed on the screen or upload it on the Search Engine and look them up individually.
Veracity is another uncomplicated application that can help you in reverse image searches on the iPhone.
Though the engine used by the application is not very certain, it can produce reliable results. It allows you to either upload the image directly or use the URL to search for it.